Chad and I met while working at TGI Fridays at the end of my senior year in high school and his freshmen year of college. We were both going to school in San Diego, so we figured we would give it a shot. Little did we know that six years later we would be madly in love with one another and married!
Chad proposed May 26, 2012 in Maui while zip lining. He completely caught me off guard and had my whole family in the loop. He proposed at the very last zip line as I came in, and they had me stand on a stool while he approached me in front of the entire group asking me to marry him. The purpose of this trip to Maui with my family was to celebrate me graduating college, and I would have never thought we would be celebrating our engagement as well. Overall, it was an amazing trip that I will never forget!
Chad and I got married at Dove Canyon Country Club in Dove Canyon. We had simply chosen this venue because it’s gorgeous in and out with a breathtaking view of the canyon. I had actually worked at Dove Canyon for a little while in college, never imagining that someday I would marry my best friend there. When Chad and I went looking for a place to marry we did our shopping around, but the second we both walked up to Dove it was a done deal. In our eyes nothing compared.
Our wedding was elegant and romantic yet simple. We brought out the colors in our wedding with our gorgeous flower arrangements that were in raspberry, yellow, and orange. Since our wedding was in the spring, I wanted it to feel bright and romantic.
Tips for Future Brides
• Organization is the key to a successful wedding day
• Take in every moment because it is gone in a blink of an eye
• Make sure to include family members, mom, grandma, etc. in the planning of the big day because in a sense this is their day too
• Get a day of coordinator! It will allow you to really take in the entire day without having to stress about anything
• Book your photographers and videographers at the beginning to make sure you get the vendors you really want
Photographer: Brightwood Photography//DJ: Battleson Entertainment//Cake Designer: Creative Cakes//Cinema and Video:Redmond Digital Media
Floral Designer: Sugar Branch Events//
Submitted via Two Bright Lights